Nav Bar

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Interview With Author Abir Mukherjee


Tell something about you to let your readers know who you actually are.
I was born and brought up in Bardhaman, a small town of West Bengal. I am currently living in U.S.A and have completed more than 8 years as an IT Professional. I completed my B.E. in computer science and engineering in 2005 and started working in different software MNCs. ‘S.O.A.R-Success Over Adversity Reigns’ is my second novel, published by Leadstart Publishing. Blackbuck Publication has published my first novel, ‘As Life Has No Undo’.
I love to sketch and write in my spare time. I write to entertain people, not to teach them how to live life, how to be successful in life or any other philosophical lessons. 

As being a writer how you manage your official, personal and writing time and lifestyle?
It's all about priority of an individual's life. As an IT professional, I am bound to follow a rigorous work schedule on a daily basis to make my clients and bosses happy. Most of the time, I get frustrated and tired of this monotonous professional life. And at the end of the day, writing fuels me to move forward with those heavy baggages. So, actually writing helps me to manage my other activities. Though, sometime it upsets few people close to me, because of my numbness on their exciting plans of traveling and others. 

When you realized that you have much potential to pen the thoughts and what are things which made you to write your first book "As Life Has No Undo"?

I believe writing is a continuous practice with an illimitable scope of improvement. I am trying my best to convey my thoughts, imaginations. It's my readers and reviewers who should judge my potentiality. I won't comment on if somebody asks "What do you think of my potentiality as an author?"
My past, made me to write my first book, 'As Life Has No Undo'. This book is very close to my heart, not only because it's my first, but it was more or less influenced by my life. I had to unfold some truth to my friends and other people around me during my college life. What could have been the best way to convey my heart to them than publishing a book?

Except story, what are the other things you keep in mind while writing your imagination?
If you imagine a book as a garland, the storyline is just the thread which connects different chapters or scenes like flowers. Petals of different colors and shapes of those flowers are characters. 
So, characterization, circumstantial, geographical and periodical detailing are main essence of a book other than the storyline.

Do you take response of readers on your book seriously? Does it aggrandize you to take any positive or negative action? How you manage yourself on the responses?
I believe that's the only thing, I take seriously nowadays over all other aspects of my life. I write for my readers and without their intervention my writing is incomplete. I always crave to communicate with my readers, each and every individual who reads my books. I like to take this opportunity to invite all my readers to have chat with me at (FB Profile: https://www.facebook.com/abir.mukherjee.98) or mail (abir.mukherji@gmail.com)
I cherish appreciation and pin the criticisms in my head so that I can rectify them in my next.

Please let us know the journey between the day your first book was launched and the day your second book was finished?

The journey of writing and getting published 'SOAR- Success Over Adversity Reigns' was quite mellower than 'As life Has No Undo'. I didn't face much rejections and the plot was vivid in my mind throughout the process. 
There are lot of books on different relationships- conjugal relationship, love, friendship, relationship between parents and kids etc etc. But what makes SOAR distinct from them is its entrepreneurial aspects of three protagonists and their struggle to pursue a nonexistent business in orthodox Indian market along different kind of relational flavors of our life. 
I would like to take this opportunity to thank one of friends, Kartikeya Chaudhary. That effervescent, rare and brilliant business idea which is the soul of SOAR, was born from his mind. In fact, we had started planning to turn that idea in reality. However, reality is much harder than we think and maybe that half-beaked desire chased me to write SOAR
Thanks to Leadstart publication for giving me the opportunity to publish SOAR

Who are your favorite authors/authoresses and why? Tell the titles of few of your favorite books.
Bengalis are blessed by a huge treasure of literature. I had grown up reading few of them by Rabindranath Tagore, Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay, Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay, Satyajit Ray, Shasthipada Chattopadhyay, Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay and Buddhadeb Guha.
Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay is my favorite, because of his captivating style of storytelling and extremely intelligent plots; specially his immortal creation, Byomkesh Bakshi. I had read the complete series of Byomkesh Bakshi.

Any message, you would to give your readers?
Keep blessing me and please don't forget to rebuke you feel, it's required. 

What would you like to suggest budding writers?
I don't think, I am eligible enough to suggest anyone on writing. Actually, I am still learning this art. But I like to share few of my lesson learnt from my tiny experience on publishing industry. We shouldn't be afraid of rejections since we have nothing to lose. We should read lot of books, not be inspired by any style of writing or storyline; but to find our unique style of storytelling and plot. Posing our published book with some celebrity, flawlessly photoshoped foreword on our book's cover and other stunts on social networks, only can get us few likes but the readership. We should concentrate on the uniqueness of our plot and work hard to craft our imagination with proper wording. 

Would you like to discuss your future plan in writing?
I have no plan as such. However, I will be writing till day, I think of unique and interesting stories.

Interview by -
Kamal Paneru

follow Kamal Paneru at
facebook twitter google+

No comments:

Post a Comment